COASTAL CIMT - INTRODUCTION TO NMES
9:00am 24th July, 2021
The course will cover;
- the importance of task-specific practice in neurological rehabilitation
- how to use electrical stimulation in neurological rehabilitation for improving function, strengthening weak muscles and reducing spasticity
- how to prescribe the appropriate parameters
- the current evidence for use of electrical stimulation in stroke
- practical demonstration of electrode placement
Completing this TRAINING will help you:
On completion of this training you should feel confident using electrical stimulation as part of your practice when working with neurological conditions such as stroke, MS, spinal cord injury and brain injury.
Who is the TRAINING for?
This training is designed for allied health professionals working in, or with an interest in neurological rehabilitation.